The winners are Razor’s Edge in Portsmouth
RAZOR’S EDGE, Exchange House, 122-124 London Road, North End, Portsmouth, PO2 9DD, 02392 664050
The Old Travel Centre, Portsmouth / Southsea Train Station, Station Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1EH, 02392 826663
Proprietor Lloyd Hughes was presented with the award by Ruth Hunsley, Deputy Editor of Hairdressers Journal (pictured right with Lloyd).
Congratulations to the team at Razor’s Edge and a big thank you to Ruth for taking time out of her busy schedule to present the award. During 2009 men-ü will be inviting clients to nominate their favourite outlets within the UK & Ireland that they would like to see receive the 2009 men-ü über groomer award.
Outlets will also be eligible to enter themselves and the winner will be announced in October, 2009.
Click here to nominate your favourite outlet. Please leave your name, a contact number (anonymous entries will not count!) and why you believe the outlet is eligible for the 2009 men-ü über groomer award!
The intention of this award is to help raise the standard for professional grooming and highlight the better outlets available in the UK.
Razor’s Edge has two outlets in Portsmouth that offer a professional barbering service as good as anything found in London or any other city for that matter! The proprietor Lloyd Hughes’ works as a trainer with American Crew and this can really be seen in his work and staff. It is not about having the biggest and most expensive outlet, it is about performance and value, the core values of the men-ü brand.
After they were nominated, three independent visits to Razor’s Edge outlets were made and every time the various team members were smiling and provided a friendly welcome as well as a high quality of service. Many men’s grooming outlets are often too fussy and over complicated as well as over capitalised in many instances with little chance to produce a return for the owner and equally important staff. Razor’s Edge is a great example of what can and should be done in this industry driven on by Lloyd and his great teams. There was no hesitation in recommending Razor’s Edge and Lloyd for this award.
Lloyd Hughes commented “This is great for my staff and I to be recognised by a multi-national, multi-award winning brand that we work with every day. Quality, image driven, men’s grooming has become an obsession for us!”
Exchange House, 122-124 London Road, North End, Portsmouth, 02392 664050
The Old Travel Centre, Portsmouth / Southsea Train Station, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1EH, 02392 826663
The reasons why Razor’s Edge received the 2008 men-ü über groomer award were:
- Quality and range of services including cutting and styling, wet shave & facial (second largest service after cutting and styling), hair colouring.
- Quality of training which is largely driven by Lloyd’s background with 24 years experience in men’s hairdressing. He has worked in Manchester, London and Portsmouth. As well as an international educator and demonstrator and being part of the American Crew education and demonstration team. He has also been involved in makeover shows for television.
- The private booth at the upper level of the North End salon is great for privacy and a real winner with special occasions such as wedding parties.
- Business level relative to outlet budget and number of styling stations.
- Availability of good car park facilities nearby.